TRAVEL GRANTS 2023
TRAVEL GRANTS FOR AFRICAN, AND WEST INDIAN OCEAN STUDENTS 2023
Travel Grant Criteria
The Save our Seas Foundation has generously donated $5,000 to provide travel bursaries for students to be able to attend the symposium from the African continent (outside of South Africa) and the West Indian Ocean region. This is in order to ensure that the Symposium attracts the widest and most representative group of scientists working on elasmobranchs in the region.
Applications will be assessed by the Symposiums Scientific committee. Funding will cover return flights as well as 3 to 4 nights’ accommodation in close proximity to the venue. The maximum amount to be funded per student is R20,000.
- African continent (outside of South Africa) and the West Indian Ocean region – proof of registration at an African, or West Indian Ocean University.
- Copy of passport
- Proof of return flight quote and accommodation quote
- Proof of current MSc/PhD registration
- Letter of motivation – endorsed by supervisor.
• Registration Fee
• Gala Dinner
• Return transport from Duran Airport to accommodation.
• Daily transport to and from the symposium venue
TO APPLY FOR THIS CONTRIBUTION, PLEASE EMAIL US WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- A letter of motivation for this funding application, including details of flights and accommodation costs.
- A letter of endorsement from the applicant’s academic supervisor
- Proof of submitted abstract for oral presentation at the 7thSASRS to be submitted no later than 01 July 2023
- Proof of applicant’s registration at an African, or West Indian Ocean university.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
To enquire further about this funding opportunity, please email the Symposium Chair, Dr. Matt Dicken: firstname.lastname@example.org